Once a tree is removed, an unsightly stump is left behind; here are several reasons to have your stump grinded:
- Safety/hazards/dangerous/liability (e.g. Children playing, tripping over stump causing injury)
- Mower damage
- Possible regrowth
- Removal gives the ability to create a replanting area for a new or different tree
- Create space for a flower bed or picnic table for example
Do you have a stump in your yard? It may seem totally harmless and perhaps you even like the way it looks! What you may not know however, is that there are many reasons why having that stump removed can be the best thing for your yard and your home.
For example, someone may trip over your stump, not only causing injury but a possible liability issue as well. What about aesthetics? You may like the unique look of your stump, however it will eventually rot, not only causing an unsightly appearance but also a breeding ground for insects (such as beetles and termites) as well as rodents and these pests can end up inside your home. There’s the issue of possible regrowth, where new shoots can develop and then begin to leech nutrients from the nearby growth, such as your beautiful flowers and other plants.
It is for all these reasons and more that having your stump grinded just makes sense and, at Beaver Bros, we know how to get the job done right!
How we do it:
- Grind 12’’- 20’’ until we can see every individual root
- Grind exposed roots above grade
- Shavings left on site, unless requested otherwise